Portugal Work Visa Requirements
The documents you need when you apply for a Portugal work visa are:
- Your valid passport.
- Passport-size pictures, following Portugal visa picture guidelines.
- Proof of sufficient funds to sustain yourself.
- Your criminal records from your country of residence. If you have lived in another country for more than one year, you have to get criminal records from there as well.
- A document giving permission to the SEF to check your Portuguese criminal records.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of accommodation in Portugal.
- Your employment contract.
- If you are already in Portugal: Proof of legal entry into Portuguese territory, such as a visa.
- If you are applying from a country other than that of your origin: Proof of legal stay, such as a residence permit or a visa.
- All the documents you submit have to be in English or Portuguese. If they are not, you must have them translated by a certified translator and then notarized.
- Certain documents, such as diplomas or civil documents, may have to be legalized. You can legalize documents through an Apostille Stamp or through the Portuguese Embassy in your country.